Thursday, May 08, 2008

Ron...Ron Burgandy

For those of you who have seen the Will Ferrell movie, Anchor Man you will recognize the name Ron Burgundy. That was the name of Will Ferrell's character, a womanizing TV news anchor. Last year when we bought our old houseboat, our niece Alvin named it Ron...Ron Burgundy because of the color. The name has since been shortened to Ron. Are you going to Ron today? Are we staying on Ron this weekend? Is there beer in Ron's refrigerator. You get the idea.

While at work last Saturday, we were talking about our plans for Sunday. I said that I would be laying under Ron for a few hours. The people I work with knew we have been sanding and prepping to paint Ron so they all understood what I meant...except our pharmacist. She pulled me aside and suggested that I should watch what I say in a children's hospital! Made me giggle.

I did spend several hours under Ron and he's looking good. His bottom is now painted black and most of his hull dings are repaired. Mary has been working on Ron everyday, all day regardless of the weather. I guess those 4 days off every week are kind of handy. We are painting the rest of Ron blue. A lovely marine blue. I can't wait to see him done. But then he won't be Ron anymore.

Here's Ron, sanded and ready for some new paint! At least down below. We have to finish the hull work before he can go back into the water. That should be in the next few days! We will still have the sanding and painting above the waterline to finish but that we can take our time with. For some perspective on Ron's size, you can see our Lexus just behind Ron's bow. Sanding and painting Ron is no small task!

Ron...Ron Burgundy.

Stay Classy!

3 comments:

pita-woman said...

Wow, what a monumental undertaking! But I'm sure it will make you treasure it all the more when you've finished and can get Ron out on the water. Can't wait to see pix of the completed project.

allysonelizabeth said...

i know it has to be done.. but now ron blue won't make sense. :(

and i promiseeeeee i will help. somehow.. someway..

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Oh I am so envious...I would love a house boat...I think I would put Chels on it and never return to land....what a dream....can't wait to see Ron finished