Wednesday, September 24, 2008

She did it!


She did it...walked every single step of the 60 mile Breast Cancer 3-Day walk. I am so proud of her! I was there as a medical provider and got to see her periodicallly during the walk. She looked great every time I saw her. The event was so powerful with so many women involved, both with and without cancer. But all 3,000 walkers and 400 crew members had some connection to breast cancer. Since pictures speak louder than words, take a few minutes and watch the slide show of the event. (Hover your mouse over the picture to read the caption.)


4 comments:

pita-woman said...

Awesome, congrats!!
I've never seen so much pink in one place at one time before! I was exactly thinking "sea of pink" before I even saw your caption for the tent-city.

M said...

Imagine 3,500 people wearing pink, pink tents, flags and banners. It was an overwhelming site.

Anonymous said...

That was 'gob smaking-ly awe inspiring'.. How long does walking 60miles take (Im guessing thats about 30km's) 3000 walkers is a brilliant effort...was it to raise money?

We have similar here where teams walk a football oval for 24hrs straight ... it ends up such a fun event as people bring family, get dressed up etc....

God she should be proud, not sure Id make 60mile (is there significance in the distance?)

M said...

Abbey,

The event was held to raise money for breast cancer research. It raised $7.3 million. 60 miles is 96.56 kms (according to a conversio website I looked at). There is no significance to the distance that I am aware of. It is a brilliant effort and I am so proud of my sister. Her goal was to raise $2200 herself and she exceeded that goal. She walked everystep without so much as one blister! I know I couldn't do it. I would whine!!