Friday, March 07, 2008

Random Thoughts

I had an appointment with a new OB/GYN yesterday. A guy a bit older than me. I've worked with him professionally and he's been great to work with. We talked, he did a quick exam and we decided to go ahead with the surgery. Now I am waiting for their scheduler to call and set it up. He is scheduling 4-6 weeks out so it will be a while. Stay tuned.

Instead of having surgery, we've actually gotten some things done around here. Mary installed a new garage door opener for me and the cabinets above the bar in the kitchen are gone! What a huge difference that makes. The kitchen is brighter and obviously, the whole thing is open to the family room. I love it! Now we need to install some lights above the bar and get rid of the ugly light fixture that hangs in the middle of the room.

We've also gotten together with friends this week. How nice that has been! We went to watch Mari Anne's curling match and visited with her and Lil. Last night we had dinner with Judy and Steph. Tonight we are doing a family event with my Mom, her husband Bob and Pat and Mark. That will be nice too.

Piper has grown another inch...since January 21. I can't believe it. She is now just 0.5 inch shorter than Olivia was. She has gained a couple more pounds but is still a skinny thing. She needs to gain about 20 more. If only we could move it from Kaja onto Piper!

The biggest event of the week is that the world is still turning even after my surgery was cancelled. It is always amazing to me what a difference some time makes. I do believe everything happens for a reason although I am not sure what the reason for having to replan for the surgery is yet but I am sure I will figure it out eventually.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So very pleased there are bits of sunshine appearing again for you :-)

Trusting there will be a lot more coming your way :-)

The renovating sounds fabulous - any chance of a photo so we can all share the joy ha ha ha

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Awe gees Im Dane focussed, I read all that and thought ..Yipppeee Piper has grown and inch .. have you tried 'Satin Balls' (hell of a name..lol) just google it...I was looking at it for Chels cause she looked a bit thin to me. I started adding two chicken wings to each mean and shes starting to fill out, so I didnt get around to the balls...

Its amazing what doing a bit round the house can do... trouble is I start, and it leads to another job...

key to happiness...make time for friends & family...tis simple but I often put it on the back burner...

glad your in a good head space and having time to self is important to..

Love and Hugs...Abs