Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday Photo Challenge: Heroes

For those of you who don't know her, this is my partner Mary Mohn. She is a Minneapolis Firefighter. She joined the department nearly 22 years ago, one of a few women on the job. This photo was taken last fall when she (and her firetruck) made a visit to one of my co-worker's neighborhoods. His little guys (That's Quinn and Will) who were dressing up as firefighters for Halloween, quickly put on their costumes and got to crawl all over the big truck. They were so excited.

She is my hero...

3 comments:

pita-woman said...

Love it! My husband too is a (volunteer) firefighter, for over 30 years. I did it for about a year & a half, but decided it just wasn't for me... it definitely takes a special breed of person.

Lindsay said...

Aw, that's a cute photo.

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Hi Mary! ... so true a hero... We were only saying the other day when you look around we are surrounded by heroes, who just get on with the job quietly, Fireys, Ambos, nurses, police, so many people who are in the background doing what needs to be done...

Love the pic, tis a wonder you dont have dalmations... :)