Monday, April 21, 2008

Stick It to Breast Cancer


My hockey team played their last game for the 2007-2008 season yesterday. It was in the Stick It to Cancer tournament. This is an annual tournament, the 10th annual in fact, and my team plays every year. Last year I was not able to play because I was in the middle of my chemotherapy. But this year...a different story. I did play. I played the best that I could given my circumstances. My team took 4th place in our division (yes, there were more than 4 teams in the division) and we had a great time.
Being a part of this tournament as a breast cancer survivor was a different experience for me. In years past, I just played because it was a good cause. Last year it was a more personal experience. And this year, I am a survivor.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done M! Big congratulations :-) And I love the Stick It attitude (and the play on words) lol