Saturday, March 10, 2007

Join my team!


Join my team to Race for the Cure!
Each year I think this will be the one the I actually participate in this race but never do. In the past, I have had to work, had other plans, was out of town, etc. But this year is different...my life has been touched in a new way. The research dollars raised for breast cancer are making a difference. Gone are the days when women diagnosed are all handled the same way with radical mastectomies and prolonged courses of chemotherapy and/or radiation. Because of the emerging information, each woman diagnosed with breast cancer can have choice about her health care.
The Race for the Cure is being held on Sunday, May 13 in Bloomington at the Mall of America. You can choose to walk or run a 5K course. There is also a way to register to "Stay in Bed" for the cure if you wish to support the cause but can't make it to the event. So many of you have asked what you can do to help me...and this is it! Join my team! Bring your moms too! I will be almost finished with my chemo on May 13 but I will be walking for the cure. Come and walk with me. Race organizers are hoping to register 60,000 people for the event.
If you are interested in joining my team, Women of Substance, you can register online by clicking this link: http://www.racecure.org/Susan_G__Komen_Twin_Cities_Race_for_the_Cure_.htm, then choose 'Register Online.' You'll be taken to another website where you will need to click on Register Now! Once you agree with the waiver and attest to the fact that you are older than 13 years, you can proceed. From the drop-down box on the next page, select 'Women of Substance' and complete the information. The registration fee is $25 if you walk or run or if you just want to contribute but can't attend. You can send additional donations too, if you want. This is all done electronically with a Visa card, of course! And men...don't let the team name stop you. We will allow you to be honorary women of substance with us. And you know, men can get breast cancer too.
C'mon...join my team! It'll be fun, you'll see.

0 comments: