Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Meet Blue Collar Girl.

Yes. We are crazy.


Meet blue collar girl. She will be coming home from Florida this week. We probably need a puppy right now like a fish needs a bicycle but sometimes need is a secondary (or further down the list) factor in decision making.


When I was hospitalized for my mastectomy, my roommate told me about getting a red convertible after she was diagnosed with her breast cancer. She called it her cancer car. Hmmm....what did I want? I started out by asking for a cancer Harley. Mary agreed but pointed out that it would be a real shame to survive cancer only to be killed on a Harley. Ok. Point well-taken. She countered with a cancer Lexus but that wasn't too exciting. I recountered with a cancer boat but this year, that is out of the financial question. One night last week when we were out to dinner, we discussed getting another great dane puppy. I agreed but put some parameters on the purchase...must be black, floppy ears, ready to go now and remind me of Greta. Darn it all anyway if Mary didn't find the perfect little girl here in Orlando. She and Alvin did a preliminary visit with them last Saturday and today Mary and I returned to look. There were 5 females in the litter. I met the mom first and she reminded me of Greta immediately. Her puppies are beautiful and after an hour of playing with them, I chose blue collar girl. We will be picking her up on Friday night and bringing her home with us. Yes...we are crazy.


This baby has no name yet. She is 8-weeks-old (born 1/24/07) and has 4 sisters and 5 brothers. Her parents are beautiful. Since she is my cancer Harley, we have been trying to think of cancer/treatment related names. Some how though, Mamie and Chemo just aren't cutting it. In the front running is Piper (Piper Cancer Center) and Annie (a trimmed down version of zofran, one of the drugs I will be on). Let us know what you think her name should be...we'd love to hear your thoughts too.


In the meantime, call us the crazy girls in Florida.

3 comments:

Char said...

Hi M!
Glad to hear your doing well!
Your new puppy is great. I think you should call her Harley - since she is the Harley you wanted.

Love Ya-
Char

Unknown said...

Thinking of you both...

What about names for the new pup that reminds you both of all the fun and introspective moments while in Florida? Daytona? Change Orlando to Orlanda? Fits in with Greta and Olivia...

Always...

Catherine

Shelly Swenson said...

How about Loca for the beautiful baby girl? After all, you two are Muy Loca !!!