Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Quick Update

I am scheduled to take my acute care board exam tomorrow morning at 9 am. When I recieved notice that I was approved to take it, I called the exam agency. When they asked when I wanted to take it, I told them tomorrow. The guy told me that couldn't possibly happen. I told him my situation with chemo beginning on Monday and he put me on hold. When he came back, he said I could take it tomorrow morning at 9 am. That is perfect and exactly what I wanted. I think it is interesting that many people have told me that things "can't possibly happen" like I want them to until I play 'the cancer card.' At that point, things happen. I think that is so interesting. If they can happen after that, why can't they happen before that?

Thus far, the name for our new baby is still undecided. Those of you who have been sending your thoughts to us, have put Harley or Piper in the lead. We'll let you know.

We leave for MN on Saturday morning. I am anxious and dreading it at the same time. I am interested in being home again. I miss home. I miss my bed and my big girls but the same time, being home means starting chemotherapy and that is scary.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree, most times the card works for your benefit...

Bottom line: you don't know until you ask and always keep on asking!

I want others to do the same with me as an APRN back in MN!

PS I put you down as a referral for St Kate's :P