Saturday, April 07, 2007

5 Days Out

Today is Saturday, 5 days post-chemo and I feel pretty good! More like myself with a bit of an appetite and no vomiting for 2 days! This is good. I actually have some energy and feel as though I can get some things done today. I still have hair. I can probably even keep up with the puppy today! And we have a big day planned with visits to PetCo (socialization) and the fire station for dinner.

On Thursday, Mary and I were out with the puppy. It was near 3 pm and we decided to stop at Children's ED for a visit. Good socialization for the puppy and I knew a couple of my friends who would appreciate a visit from a puppy (Marsha and Kellee) were both working. 3 pm is change of shift in the ED and there were lots of staff around. I can't believe how wonderful it was to see these people that I work with. They are so much more than co-workers. They are my friends and I miss them! Don't misunderstand...I don't miss the work per se but I really miss going to work. I miss seeing people, gabbing with them, finding out what is new with their kids and their families. I want to hear about their puppies and their vacation plans. I miss it. Who knew.

1 comments:

blonde hoyden said...

i knew! it is hard to take someone out of their people-filled environment, especially people people like us. just know that you do need some rest, and that is why your body is demanding it.