Wednesday, April 04, 2007

They weren't kidding.

When Mary and I attended Chemo class in March, one of the side effects they talked about alot was fatigue. Their solution was to take a nap. Well...they weren't kidding about the fatigue. And I am following their complex advice by taking a nap. We think the puppy is in a growth spurt (wait! Great Dane puppies are in a year long growth spurt!) so she is more than happy to nap with me.

I went to school today and it was as easy a day as I ever could have had: Mary dropped me off and picked me up door-to-door, I watched student presentations and had 3 short meetings. Total time=6 hours. By the time Mary picked up at 3 pm, I could hardly wait to get home and crash. Now, after a 2 hour nap I finally feel like I can get out of the recliner and maybe do something...like fold a load of laundry. We still aren't completely unpacked after vacation either.

The rest of my side effects aren't bad. I've had some nausea but ativan has taken care of that. It seems to be worse at night for some reason...like after 11 pm. That's a good time to take ativan anyway. I also don't have much of an appetite but again, that's not the end of the world.

I've only got 3 more sessions and I am tougher than chemo!

0 comments: