Saturday, February 24, 2007

Didn't you get your invitation?

If you didn't get your invitation to my pity party, that's good because IT'S OVER! Enough of the self-pity. I am not dying and am fortunate to have a circle of love around me that is incredible. Each day I am touched by the phone calls, email and regular mail that comes my way. I have terrific healthcare providers who put up with my daily phone calls and questions. All of the Piper Breast Center nurses know me by name now.

I have appointments with 2 different oncologists next week. The first one is scheduled for Monday with the oncologist that my surgeon recommended. The second one is scheduled for Wednesday with someone I found on Mpls/St. Paul magazine's top doc list from January, 2007. It never hurts to get 2 opinions.

I do believe that life never hands us more than we can handle. There is a reason why I was diagnosed with breast cancer at this point in my life. I may not completely understand what that reason is yet but I will at some point.

Time to grade papers. I am fortunate enough to be able to keep doing some work from home. I am very lucky not to have to be out driving today!

0 comments: