Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Waiting for the phone to ring.


Like a scorned lover, I am waiting for the phone to ring. Dr. Stoller did not call with my pathology report yesterday. Of course, I was on the phone at the crack of dawn (my crack, not yours!) to her nurse. Of course the nurse cannot actually read me the report. She did tell me a couple of things though. The lymph nodes were all, officially negative. Good. The margins of the tumor were clear. Very good. The tumor was 0.9 cm. Especially good. According to my interpretation (that means I looked it up in the Breast Book [2005, p. 269]) I am at a Stage I which has the greatest outcome. Yea. But before I get too excited, I need to talk to Dr. Stoller.


And so I still wait for the phone to ring...



Reference

Love, S. M. (2005). Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book, 4th Ed. Cambridge, MA: Da Capo Press.

0 comments: